Awesome CX Industry Spotlight: Telehealth
Awesome CX’s unique approach to customer service has been built over 12 years of partnering with 100+ high-growth startups and mid-size companies in several industries spanning from telehealth to fashion and everything in between.
In this blog, we discuss how Awesome works with companies in the Telehealth (aka telemedicine) industry, which has undergone tremendous growth in the last two years due to the Covid-19 crisis. Strong continued uptake, favorable consumer perception, and tangible investment into this industry are all contributing to this growth. New analysis from McKinsey indicates telehealth use has increased 38X from the pre-COVID-19 baseline. Since the initial spike in April 2020, telehealth adoption overall has approached up to 17 percent of all outpatient/office visit claims with evaluation and management (E&M) services. This utilization has been relatively stable since June 2020, according to the study. The global Telehealth market size was valued at USD 61.40 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 559.52 billion by 2027.
All this is great news for this industry overall and its long-term prospects, but many telehealth companies are growing too fast and are struggling to scale their customer service operations in line with the business. Our sales teams hear about these challenges from telehealth companies all the time so we have designed the perfect go-to-market strategy for this sector.
Telehealth relies on the use of electronic information and telecommunication technologies to provide care when a patient and the doctor are not in the same place at the same time. If a patient has a phone or a device with internet access, they already have everything they need to get medical care or services through telehealth. Whether it’s talking to the doctor live, sending and receiving messages and confidential files (such as test results and patient records) or using remote patient monitoring for doctors to do check-ups at home, this is an industry that relies heavily on experienced customer service teams to support doctors and patients.
Here is how we serve our brand partners in the telehealth industry:
- Cost Savings: By outsourcing their customer service and management teams, telehealth companies can save money, resources and the headaches of operating their own customer service functions and focus on providing optimal and efficient care for their patients. Telehealth companies need experienced associates who are dedicated to their doctors and patients without having to spend millions of dollars on setting up their own customer service operations.
- Scalability: Awesome’s ability to scale teams of associates up or down quickly is key for any hyper-growth company during the expansion phase. This capability is particularly beneficial for telehealth companies that often see spikes in patient traffic relating to seasonal health issues like the flu, Covid surges and other unpredictable mental health issues caused by tragic events like mass shootings or job losses.
- Low Retention Rates: Awesome’s low attrition rates 21-28 percent Annual Attrition (industry average is 50-70%) helps create long-term relationships with customers who happen to be doctors and patients in the case of the telehealth industry. Given the personal and emotional nature of the telehealth business, relationships are particularly important, especially when communicating unfavorable test results and diagnoses.
- Soft Skill Development: For our brand partners in the telehealth industry, we provide our associates with training and ongoing coaching on empathy and listening skills to help build trust and improve the overall conversation with customers. Many of our competitors do not invest the resources required to ensure this training and coaching takes place on an ongoing basis.
- Dedicated 24/7 Team with specialized skills: Awesome provides full time employees dedicated to only one telehealth account with directional hiring options to find those with interest in the health sector or with a degree in the medical field. Additionally, we have 24/7 coverage which is imperative when it comes to handling health emergencies including mental health issues that can emerge in patients at any time. When hiring for our telehealth brand partners we screen candidates for previous experience with insurance companies and/or doctors’ offices; as well as experience in appointment scheduling, data entry, insurance credentialing and billing. This approach ensures that our associates are the right fit for the job, which of course translates to our low attrition rate.
If you are a telehealth company looking for the perfect customer service partner and you want to work with us contact Awesome CX to get started today!